Thursday, December 2, 2010

Finished and ready for interaction!

Hello World!

Yep I'm finally finished screenprinting, painting, creating, developing, and playing with my project! Be proud world! And two weeks before school ends too! Now all I have left to do is document my audience as they play with the velcro words.

Today as working on my project I have documented my progress, and the final pictures of what it looks like!!!! yay me!
 Here is an example of the "Art is ____." sample of screenprinted monotype for the section. I printed it multiple times so I had a variety to choose from for that section.


 Lookie Lookie! It's finally finished! The picture on the right is an example of how the words move, each word is interactive and movable via velcro. (please ignore the crappy lighting in any of my images they were all taken from my camera phone)


The finished product up on display on the only easel the building would let me use. I wanted to use the really nice new ones, but they are being used for classes. Darn those art classes using the good easels!!!!  So... tomorrow there will be a white sheet covering the easel so you will not be able to see the crappy looking paint all over it. Gross!


From now on I will be documenting people looking at my art piece, I am hoping that I will also make a sign to encourage people to come up and interact with the piece. Because I feel as if people are afraid to touch pieces of art on display... Also I should probably have an artist statement next to the piece explaining my project and a link to this blog, so that if people choose to they can read more like you are right now. So for those who are actually reading my blog tell your friends and family to come by and change up what you believe art is!



Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment