Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Two weeks left~

Indeed there is only two weeks left in my semester, that means I must have this project finished by this week!

Eeeek! Good thing everything I need to do and have is already at school. It's still a blizzard outside, and I'm back in pullman!

This is screen No. 1
But I've got some great news world! I've been working late in the screenprinting labs monday, and tuesday, and I have achieved a ton of work!

Each word was individually printed with White ink. What a pain!



 Each of these screens above and below are the same size as the large black matt board, one of these will be pasted upon the board for stiffness. Then I will apply a small piece of Velcro to each word so they will be able to be removed from the poster easily and placed in the area "Art is ____ ." exactly where the word SYMBOLIC is placed. However I have not finished screenprinting that area.


I am very optimistic of the results for this project. I also got to use a new technique my screenprinting class learned yesterday in class as a demo. It is called screenprinted monotype, it uses watercolor crayons colored directly on top of the words upon the screen and you create a silkscreen medium and water mixture to overlay upon the color to create a watercolored effect so the color can seep through the screen like when you screenprint. The color upon the paper is never the same effect because the colors run into eachother like in the first image with the rainbow looking colored words.


So that is what I've got done so far this week. The rest of this week will be devoted to pasting the white paper upon the matt board and applying velcro, then I still have to expose and screenprint the "Art is ____ ." area.


At the end of this week I will have images of the poster up in a hallway of the art building!!!!!


Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment