Thursday, October 21, 2010

Site-Specificity, Installation, Performance, and Intervention

Hello again World,


I just ate some yummie dill salmon, yum yum yum. So that's pretty much all thats on my mind. Don't worry I'll get to my point soon. After I endulge myself into some Fro Yo (frozen yogurt).



Ok world I'm back. I've been given this task to create a blog that will keep log of the progress from a project given to me from my Intro To Digital Media class. Now at my previous school I already had a class similar to this one, however I never was able to dabble into web/design. 
I am a Photography major so I have had some pretty heavy training in Photoshop. Which helps a ton for this digital media class. Plus a while back I did an internship working hands on with the photographer and all I did was work in Photoshop.

Digressing is not my middle name but I do it alot.  oooh shinny top gear cars! hehe

For this class I was given an objective, see just below:


Objective
You will be developing a blog based on your exploration of installation, performance and/or intervention as an art form. You will be required to create a BLOG in which to work and document your art event. This BLOG should include your research of websites, artists and materials on the topic of  Site-Specificity, Installation, Performance, and Intervention. You may want to start by first finding and developing your idea with sketches, research of other artists who work with instillation based work, both indoor and outdoor.  The blog should act as a support mechanism/diary for your research, but most importantly to document your temporary installation, performance and/or intervention. For example, scan in working sketches from your notebook, upload pictures, add web links to artist, etc. Below are some resources to get you started on you research.

Neat Hua? However in this objective I will be taking you along my journey as I create an actual project. Yes world, you will be able to watch the progression of a real life project of my own creation. How does that make you feel?

Well I did sort of skip the research of websites, artists and materials because in another class I was given a project that will allow me to use this blog to document and jot down ideas, plus get feedback from you if you'd like.
The project of the other class was given to me with an objective to create either a mixed media piece or a Poster piece. Mind you this other class is Screenprinting, so in a sort it has to also use the medium of screenprinting. With permission from my teacher in that class, I was able to mix the two choices into one big performance installation questionaire screenprint with mixed medium. And I will have real life interaction from an unknown audience as I present this piece as an installation (that means it will be placed in a site-specific spot), and the audience will be able to not only be an audience but also the performer as they will be able to interact with the piece.
Confused yet?
Well that's what this journey is for isn't it? World you also get to participate in this expedition that will proceed over a couple of weeks and it will be totally fun!
Not a bad journey hua?


Till tomorrow,
I'm signing off and saying... Adieu World!

No comments:

Post a Comment